Purpose of the award
The Teaching Award is to distinguish the individual faculty member to recognize his/her continuous efforts to achieve the excellence in teaching. The award is given based on the nominations received from the faculty and later assess the performance based on different criteria’s; such as teaching methodologies, student engagement, students assessments etc.
Nature of the Award
Excellence in Teaching Award recipients will receive a cash award and a memento from the Chairman and President of the university. Al-Ahliyya Amman university will honor them as distinguished teachers, provide responsible positions and where they can provide mentoring and share their experiences to the management and the colleagues to improve the teaching and learning experience at the university.
The General Criteria for the Teaching Excellence Awards
- Motivates students to go beyond the expected learning in the discipline.
- Inspires students to excel and take initiative for their own learning.
- Engages in mentoring and advising that assists students to develop educationally and personally.
- Extends the learning process beyond the classroom.
Evidence of effective teaching and student learning.
- Receives strong teaching evaluations by students.
- Demonstrates creativity in curriculum design or innovations in the delivery of instruction.
- Regarded by peers as an excellent teacher including peer reviews of teaching, if available.
- Draws on current literature, one’s own research, scholarship of teaching and learning or service to engage students.
- Engages students in collaborative and active learning.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of learning measures appropriate for discipline.
- Designs and teaches courses with clear learning outcomes and methods of student learning assessment.